Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Next Democratic Vice Presidential Candidate?

Just read a very nice article on Politico about Caroline Kennedy. Written by Carrie Budoff Brown
Title: Caroline Kennedy: The reluctant operative

Will Congressman Gene Taylor D-MS be on their radar screen as a possible VP candidate? These two, Obama - Taylor seem like a winning combination if you ask me, which nobody ever does. Ask me, I mean. Taylor seems to fit with Obama because he doesn't always follow the party line. One time I recall he bucked the leadership was when the Republicans controlled Congress and Taylor was the lone Democrat to sit in on a committee hearing about Katrina. At the time, I remember asking what on earth Nancy Pelosi was thinking about when she told the Democrats to ignore the hearing. Taylor went and had quite a lot to say that might never have been heard otherwise.