Friday, June 15, 2018

What I believe about America



As for me, I prefer to not allow Trump to define his voters for me. I prefer to believe my eyes that tell me most folks are better than how Trump defines them.

I believe folks in America make a grave error if they accept Trumps phony definition of his voters. Trump wants us to believe his voters are just like him. And that is simply not so.

I believe the two time election of Barack Obama proves most Americans are not racist. 

I believe the upward curve of the jobs reports proves most Americans want to work. 

I believe the ever expanding number of college graduates prove most young Americans want a good education. 

I believe if given the opportunity to coexist peacefully with their neighbors - say hello when they see their neighbor at the grocery store or on the way to worship that is what they will choose to do. 

I believe these same people who voted for Trump harbor an intense resentment toward him because he has brought disruption to their peaceful coexistence in America's neighborhoods. 

I believe they are saddened when the President they voted for encourages disrespect and intolerance among the citizens. 

I believe these voters remember how hard won the battle for mutual tolerance and respect has been. Many have lost sons and daughters to the wars that were fought to gain the privilege to live peacefully with one another. 

I believe in America as it has been and will be tomorrow 
(may not arrive until 2020) when voters prove Trumps America is not to their liking.