Monday, September 22, 2008

WHOA, WAIT JUST A DOGGONE MINUTE!!!

I'm sorry, but I don't feel any better about the Wall Street bailout today, Sept. 22nd, then I felt when I first heard the news last week. As far as I'm concerned, the do nothing Congress ought to live up to its name.
I'm not sure if reporters are reporting or repeating.
I'm pretty certain the Democratic leadership has gone into a blindsiding we can save America lather.
I'm pretty certain the always ready to be helpful Democratic leadership are being hoodwinked by the twin pretexts of threatened turmoil and necessary speed.
I'm pretty certain those members of Congress brave enough to question the Wall Street bailout will not be given a fair hearing.
I know I heard words meant to convince and persuade thrown around leading up to the Iraq war. Similar words are being applied to the Wall Street bailout. Like these:
rescue
faltering
toxic
grant sweeping new powers
catastrophe
turmoil
cost unclear
trying to panic lawmakers into rubber-stamping it.
must be big and fast
struggling to understand
details unclear
dazed
battered
panic
speed up legislation
crisis
may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency,
swiftly
stabilize
panic
contagion of risk
spoke on condition of anonymity
potential
help people stay in their homes
historic intervention
emergency
accelerating crisis
delay could spark fresh anxiety
dire situation
mounting concern
feared massive run
clean up
cost of doing nothing
government had acted in "great haste" and should reconsider


VP Dick Cheney in an Aug.26, 2002 speech favoring action in Iraq said -- the risks of inaction "are far greater than then the risk of action"
In a speech in Cincinnati, Oct. 7, 2002 President Bush set out a case for military action claiming the Iraqi regime had ties to al-Queda terrorists and that Iraq could attack the U.S. at any time with chemical or biological weapons.
source: The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2003 edition