Thursday, September 04, 2008

Thurs. morn. after the SP for BP speech

Does Cindy McCain have a new best friend? I noticed CMc has changed her hairstyle with bangs below her eyebrows; to look like Sarah Palin?

C-Span’s morning call in - Washington Journal: Congresswoman Michele Bachmann R-MN appeared to talk about their convention and of course, their new VP nominee Sarah Palin. Much of the half hour was wasted as Michele didn’t say anything new. In fact, at one point, I said to the TV, someone find that woman an antidote for the Kool-Aid she has been guzzling. I wish folks from both Parties would have at least one piece of news to add to the conversation. So it was pretty boring, until the last caller, a self-described Korean war vet, informed Michele that Gov. Palin GOT the money for the bridge to nowhere and used it for other projects. That piece of information was a surprise to Michele. She stumbled there for a moment and then mumbled something about not knowing about that.
one question I have is:
I posted a link to that story on Aug. 31st. If I knew it, why didn‘t Congresswoman Bachmann’s staff give her the heads up?
And my really big question is:
How many Republicans will ever use that line again?
It was a good line too, ‘thanks, but no thanks....’ which is exactly what I believe Republicans will be saying to SP for BP.
Remember what your mama always told you "if something looks to good to be true, trust yourself, not your eyes."

NPR and
memeorandum
both offer a link to a written transcript of SP’s for BP acceptance speech.
Red State
claims SP for BP winged the last half of her speech. I’ll believe it when I see it. I have my printed transcript ready and believe me, I intend to check that claim. Just as soon as C-Span replays the entire speech.

Later, the C-Span reair of SP for BP speech has finished. I couldn't really tell she was winging it. As I compared the spoken words to the transcript I did not find even one section where SP for BP had a noteworthy departure from her prepared speech. I noticed she looked at papers on her podium during the pause for applause but that doesn't mean she was reading her speech notes. She might have been checking her grocery list.